Skip to main content

Strawberry banana smoothies



A smoothie is a wonderful thing. It's healthy, it's fun to make, and it really hits the spot when you're super duper thirsty. I'm thirsty a lot lately with breastfeeding my 4-month-old son, so I've stocked my freezer with bags of frozen bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches so I can be prepared to blend up some frosty cool smoothies at a moment's notice.


My 3-year-old loved this strawberry banana smoothie made with frozen fruit, frozen juice concentrate, and topped with fresh mint leaves from our backyard.

Here's how I made it:

1 banana, peeled and cut into large chunks and frozen
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 heaping tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cups skim milk
fresh mint leaves for garnish


I put the first three ingredients in my blender, then I topped it up with the milk. I blended it on high for about 60 seconds until all the frozen fruit was blended evenly. Then I poured it into two glasses and finished with the mint leaves.

So simple and so yummy.


Somehow, slipping a bendy straw into that strawberry banana goodness makes an already yummy drink extra exciting for my kiddo.

What's your favourite smoothie flavour? What do you like to drink when you're super duper thirsty? Do your kids get really excited about drinking through a straw too? Whatever it takes, right?!